Monday, September 8, 2008

new art!




Finished these two pieces up last week just in time to take them to an art festival I did on Saturday in Athens, Alabama. The 3rd annual Athens Art on the Square, a very well-run festival and lots of fun. The weather seemed like it would be iffy at first, but, the rain held off and it turned out to be a pleasant day, not hot at all which is a nice change.The first piece is from a photo ref of a friend's cat, fellow EBSQ artist, Windi Rossen, (thanks Windi!) It's her cat Ziggy, he's so adorable!It's 9x12 oils on stretched canvas...I call it "The Yawn"

This next one is a portrait of a very cute bulldog who belongs to a fellow EBSQ artist, Deb Sprague, thanks for letting me use that fabulous reference photo, Deb! This is also 9x12, oils on stretched canvas....entitled "I love football"

I'll be taking these two paintings with me end of next week to another arts festival....they got a great reception at this last one in Athens, lots of smiles. That always makes me feel good. I'm happy people have a good reaction to my art.

No comments: