Sunday, February 1, 2009

Charity raffle - win a custom pet portrait!


So, it's no secret it's been a pretty crappy few months around here in the house of many furries. I have lost 3 cats and a dog since just before Christmas. The latest, and really no surprise, was my sweet Bronte just this past Thursday. It was time, though no less heart-breaking, Bronte had been with me for nearly 17 years. She came to me a skinny flea-ridden kitten from the local humane society, and grew into a beautiful long-haired tortoiseshell cat, and kept her loving disposition throughout her life. She loved to be carried around and would rest her paws on my shoulder and purr into my ear.


I decided to honor her memory by helping other cats in need. I am running a raffle, the winner of which will receive a custom 16x20 pet portrait oil painting. The drawing will be held on Valentine's Day. All the proceeds will benefit a local feline rescue from whom I have adopted several cats, Forgotten Felines. Full details regarding the raffle can be found HERE


I'm happy to say since posting about it for the first time yesterday, I have some entrants already. Hoping for lots more!
Gentle journey, Bronte, my baby girl. I will always hear you purring in my ear.




No comments: