Wednesday, October 8, 2008

they like me, they really like me!


I'm excited to share that I received a Member's Mention award in the Bi-annual Spam and Trout show on EBSQ! http://www.ebsqart.com/ArtShows/sh_182.htm The prospectus? Anything goes, as long as both Spam and trout are represented!


It's my first time entering this quirky show, and I'm so glad I did! Check out all the great artists and entries...my friend Vicky Knowles won Member's Choice! Her entry is fabulous, congrats Vicky!!


Here is mine, a digital photograph.....I originally wanted to photograph a still life of spam and trout, with an old master's feel to it. The raw fish, sliced lemons, knife, as if someone is having a glass of wine at the end of the day and getting ready to prepare dinner. And just in case it doesn't turn out, one can always pop open a can of Spam, right? However, what often happens in my household, a cat has to get involved, and in this case, that cat is Nikki. Spam or trout for dinner? Well, I think it's quite clear what Nikki's choice is... Guess I'm having Spam tonight...



No comments: