Thursday, August 28, 2008

another new one....


Well, this one isn't exactly brand new. In fact, I started it in a palette knife workshop back in March, and as such things usually go with me, I didn't finish it during the workshop, so, it languished in my garage until my husband started to make me feel guilty about it. And, he wants the painting for his office, so, there you go. Anyway, finished it up a few weeks ago and it's been drying since then, I just wired it and painted the sides last night so Bil can take it to work tomorrow. I had fun painting this, it's oils, and I used a new medium to mix with my oil paints, Sennelier Flow and Dry. It's different than Liquin, as far as how it dries...not as fast, but it does leave a nice gloss to the paint, almost like enamel. I'll be using it some more in future paintings....


"2 Apples" oils on 11x14 stretched canvas


No comments: