Saturday, July 26, 2008

cats and ladders....




A friend mentioned in a reply to a previous post about putting a blankie on a ladder for Cassady and it's a new cat tree...no kidding, lol! Whenever a ladder goes up in this house for anything, before I even get a chance to climb it, there's usually a cat who's beat me to the top. As promised for a cat photo a day (or perhaps two or three, lol), here's a picture of my neurotic siamese cat Basho. This was taken several years ago in our screened porch, I was probably hanging plants at the time. The cats liked the stepladder so much I think I left it in there for a while. This photograph of Basho won a top award in an online cat show put on by a feline group I'm part of. He's such a beautiful cat, but those brain cells of his never quite made the connection that people are ok. I got him along with another oriental cat, Susu, when both were 6 months old (different breeds though, different litters, he's siamese, she's a black oriental shorthair). The breeder gave Susu to me because she was very small for her age and had an eye problem. But, she is typical oriental and very social. Basho just never got it and has always been fearful. It's like having a feral cat in the house. He's gotten a bit better over the years (he's 11 now), but, he'd just rather be with the other cats. He's a sweet boy, just never made the people connection for whatever reason. In fact, he usually bonds with another cat, at first he bonded with Tennessee our Maine Coon. When Tennessee passed, he bonded with TS, my grey and white boy. Sadly, TS was elderly and he passed as well. Now I will find Basho hanging sometimes with Chaim, also a grey cat, I guess Basho feels an affinity now for big grey boys.




Here's a pic of Susu....this was taken before her small right eye was removed....she does fine though, with one eye, and is sitting on my lap purring as I type this...




Here's a picture of Basho's first buddy, Tennessee, a lovely Maine Coon boy who died too young from the ravages of a horrible mouth ailment. He was such a sweet boy.

No comments: